Library Programming Coordinator
posted October 30, 2023
Location: Sharon Hill Public Library
Standard Hours: 25 hours per week
Job Type: Part-time
Reports To: Library Director
Hourly Rate: $15.00 per hour
Job Description: The Sharon Hill Public Library is seeking a versatile and creative individual for the role of Library Programming Coordinator. This position plays a pivotal role in not only planning, coordinating, and implementing engaging library programs but also in supporting the day-to-day operations of the library. The Library Programming Coordinator will work under the guidance of the Library Director, to enrich the community’s library experience through innovative activities.
• Assist in the day-to-day operations of the library, including tasks such as shelving, checking in and out materials, and providing general support to library patrons.
• Develop, initiate, and implement evidence-based programs for all age groups, from children to adults.
• Maintain and facilitate existing programs, ensuring they meet the needs and interests of the community.
• Network and cooperate with local community agencies, schools, and organizations to enhance library services.
• Establish partnerships with external organizations to expand the library’s outreach and resources.
• Create engaging promotional materials, including flyers, using tools like Canva, to effectively market library programs and events.
Meetings and Training:
• Attend meetings, workshops, and trainings, both locally and regionally, as necessary and approved by Library Director, to stay informed about best practices in programming and library services.
• Keep detailed records of program attendance and feedback to assess program effectiveness.
Outreach and Advocacy:
• Perform outreach in the community, including visits to local daycares, preschools, and schools to promote library programs and services.
•Act as an advocate for the library, promoting its mission and services to the community.
• Maintain inventory and storage of craft supplies, prizes, Play K materials, and other resources needed for programs.
• Keep the library’s desk calendar up to date with all program schedules and related events.
• Work a flexible schedule that may include occasional Saturdays as needed for programming or coverage.
• High school diploma or equivalent (Bachelor’s degree preferred).
• Prior experience in library work, program development, event planning, or a related field is a plus.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Proficiency in using graphic design tools such as Canva.
• A passion for library services and community engagement.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Library Director Richard E. Ashby, Jr. at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Library Programming Coordinator Application” in the subject line.
The Sharon Hill Borough is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants from all backgrounds to apply. We encourage diversity and inclusion in our workforce to better serve our community.
Sharon Hill Borough is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation will be provided by law.