Sharon Hill Borough Council has approved the use of American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds to support a local Community Facade Improvement Program. The program will allow the Borough to provide grants of up to $1,800 for property owners in Sharon Hill to complete exterior cosmetic improvements to their properties.
The goal of the program is to fuel community and economic development within the Borough by helping residents beautify their properties in an effort to reduce blight and address minor exterior maintenance issues. All dwellings approved for funding must be owner occupied and will be subject to exterior inspection and permitting where applicable.
Applications will be accepted from January 10th, 2023 – January 31st, 2023, and may be submitted in-person at Borough Hall, 250 Sharon Avenue, Sharon Hill, PA 19079, Monday- Friday from 8:00 am-4:00 pm or online to the Borough Manager at email@example.com. Subject Line: COMMUNITY FAÇADE IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM APPLICATION.
Eligible applicants must:
• Own their homes and have resided in the Borough of Sharon Hill for at least three (3) years.
• Be in good financial standing with the Borough, School District and County Tax Offices.
• Not have any open citations or violations with the Building Code Official’s office.
• Not be in jeopardy of foreclosure or under contract of sale.
• Provide proof of ownership and residency via deed, utility bill etc.
• Provide proof of homeowners insurance.
Program Timeline: Applications will be reviewed after submission closing date with awards to be announced in March 2023. The Borough anticipates funding disbursements to commence on or before April 14th, 2023. Approved property owners will receive funds in two (2) disbursements. Fifty percent of the total approved amount will be rendered in April with the remaining fifty percent to be issued upon work completion and inspection. All work is expected to be completed within 90 days of the first disbursement. Work completed after 90 days will not be covered by the program.
Last modified: January 10, 2023