Delaware County Council Announces Additional $2.7M in Funding
Delaware County Council has unanimously approved the use of an additional $2,730,124 in funding from the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) to support the Whole Home Repair Program (WHRP) that provides income-qualified homeowners with necessary health, safety, and accessibility-related home repairs and modifications up to $50,000 per home.
These funds, in combination with nearly $4.4M in original funding from the PA Whole Home Repair Act (SB-1135) that became law in July of 2022, now provide Delaware County with a total of $7.12M to be used towards the preservation of affordable housing and workforce development initiatives.
See full press release at DelcoPA.gov
The program will be administered by Habitat for Humanity’s local affiliate office, Habitat for Humanity of Montgomery and Delaware counties (Habitat MontDelco). Through this program, Habitat MontDelco will help the address the County’s aging housing stock, preserve naturally occurring affordable homeownership, and prevent qualifying homeowners from being displaced due to deferred and cost-prohibitive home repair and maintenance.
Income-qualified homeowners in Delaware County are encouraged to take advantage of this program. To be considered eligible, Delaware County applicant(s) must:
- Own a home in Delaware County which must be their primary residence
- Be willing to partner with Habitat MontDelco by upholding the terms of the program agreement with Habitat MontDelco, and being responsive, helpful and hospitable to staff, vendors and volunteers
- Have a current homeowner’s insurance policy in place for the home
- Provide verification that they are current on Property Taxes and Mortgage payments
- Have a total gross household income below a specific amount, based on the household size (income levels range from $62,500 for a single-occupant household to $117,850 for a household with 8+ members)
To receive an application, eligible residents must first submit an inquiry with the program. Inquiry forms can be completed online here.
Last modified: November 20, 2023